Saturday, September 12, 2009

Micabella Updated

Well, any of you that know me and have been with me in the Med. Hat mall I have a weakness for the Micabella men who push their samples there (dead sea products and eye shadows, facials, etc.) and I ALWAYS end up buying what they are selling! (It's the accent... and the attention.... and their big brown eyes!!!!!!!!!). Usually when I have returned with my friends I explain the situation to them and we avoid that part of the mall. Today, however, I was with my husband, Steve, and felt that having him with me would discourage the salesmen from approaching me and me from suckering into the sales pitch of the salesmen so I bravely ventured passed with Steve between me and the guys where, yes, you guessed it, the mediterranian sales guy (hunky hot!!!!!!) approached me and $90 dollars later I found myself saying to Steve, "See what happens? I just can't help it. Do you see my problem? Help me!" I didn't feel so bad with Steve being with me but I am thinking that taking a vacation to Italy or Isreal or any of those places where the men have dark-colored hair and eyes and olive skin would not be good! Also, returning to the mall on my own could break my piggybank! I dare anyone to try this and see what happens. If you can with stand it you are a better person than me. At least Steve is in the know at this point! By the way, you can tell Alan (A-lun) I sent you!

8 comments:

Kimara said...

That is so funny! I never have a problem saying no to them, they drive me nuts. I just don't make eye contact. Besides I go for tall dark and mostly bald men! :0)

Kristen said...

I think that they can tell by my au natural face that I am not one to buy makeup. Or maybe it's that I am simply not someone who they want to stop at their stall....me, my husband, or my 4 screaming children. Either way, they always ignore me!

Kathy T. said...

Ha, ha I'm sooo with Kristen on this one!

Lisa C said...

I totally understand, my $50 jar of "dead sea salt scrub" and I understand the lure of those gorgeous men.

Joanne said...

I know! I was with you when we were avoiding the "man" and let me tell you hunka hunka burnin' love!

Nancy said...

that's hilareous (can't spell to save my life), sounds like stearing clear of that part of the mall is your only life line!!!!

kerstin said...

This is a totally random comment, but I came across a post on your blog from 2007. It was for a super saturday craft and it was the Christ wooden nativity. I LOVE it and wanted to see if you happened to know where you found the kit for this. Please email me at kerstinrd at yahoo dot com.

Thank you! =)

TyLeen said...

I am with kerstin. This is totally random but I love your Christ Nativity and have been trying to get the pattern or buy a kit! I have a saw so a pattern would be just fine. I want to make one SO bad, I check my email every day, many times during the day praying that tip junky will email me with info on how to get it. Please let me know if it is available.
TyLeen
twitchy56@hotmail.com