Thursday, September 20, 2007

Finally got Smart

I hired a cleaning lady just for a couple of hours a week. My daughter is now in school full time and I decided to use what would have been her babysitting money for someone to come in and clean. She comes on Tuesday and, if nothing else, having her come Tuesdays helps me tidy up by the time I leave for work that day. I walk into my house and take a big whiff and my house smells clean! I love it! My pictures are no longer dusty. I can stand my piano. (It's black and shows dust!) It is helping me stay sane and have more family time. I realize I am letting down all the Martha Stewarts and supermoms out there but, for this chick, it has been a treat a long time coming.

4 comments:

Joanne said...

good for you sistah!!! I am proud of you for letting loose and getting a cleaning lady.

Joanne said...

good for you sistah!!! I am proud of you for letting loose and getting a cleaning lady.

SCC said...

I'm Joanne's cousin....she recommended your blog cause it's always so great. I too have a cleaning lady come a couple times a month...what's funny though is that my husband doesn't know. It's my own little secret, he thinks I'm just doing better at keeping the kitchen floor washed...haha...Joanne thinks it's hilarious that I have a secret cleaning lady.

I don't lie. The kids come home and say "Mom you washed the kitchen floor" and I tactifully say..."Yes the kitchen floor was washed today"...not by me, but they don't need to know that = )

More power to ya!

mishel said...

way to go girl! If only we could all do that! Cause you know if we could... we would...really does anyone LIKE cleaning their house...nope we just like the results so we keep doing it. Fun blog by the way!